SCRATCH LAB RESIDENCY
SCRATCH LAB is a flexible creative space and time to develop work. This opportunity helps artists generate brand new work or iterate existing work. The LAB is an experimental and generative opportunity for artists to hone in on particular aspects of their piece in a focused way. SCRATCH LAB gives artists the chance to think through the early stages and next steps for a work.
We seek artists whose work does the following:
- Responds to social justice themes
- Innovates and pushes known aesthetics into new and dynamic interdisciplinary forms
- Creates new original works that expand the perspectives traditionally represented in contemporary theater, performance, and other creative areas
- Values interaction with community as a means of both developing content and providing broad public engagement
The work in our residencies reflects:
- Diversity along the lines of race, ethnicity, culture, gender and sexuality
- Experiences and perspectives of historically marginalized groups
- Boundary pushing forms of expressive culture and aesthetic practice
Click HERE to complete and submit your SCRATCH LAB Residency application.