CRITICAL BREAKS RESIDENCY
CRITICAL BREAKS supports artists who are in the pivotal phases of developing their work in theater and performance. As an incubation and innovation space, CRITICAL BREAKS allows artists to take their ideas to the next stage through an intensive development process and public works-in-progress showing. CRITICAL BREAKS residencies include resources for project development ranging from artist stipends, administrative and technical support, and access to time and space for writing and rehearsal. CRITICAL BREAKS is designed to support the artist's needs and best support the trajectory of the project.
We seek artists whose work does the following:
- Responds to social justice themes
- Innovates and pushes known aesthetics into new and dynamic interdisciplinary forms
- Creates new original works that expand the perspectives traditionally represented in contemporary theater, performance, and other creative areas
- Values interaction with community as a means of both developing content and providing broad public engagement
The work in our residencies reflects:
- Diversity along the lines of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, and sexuality
- Experiences and perspectives of historically marginalized groups
- Boundary pushing forms of expressive culture and aesthetic practice
HOW TO APPLY
Click HERE to complete and submit your CRITICAL BREAKS Residency application.